Friday 1 September 2017

September 1st: Life is exciting

The Age of Enlightenment is here!!! The Future is NOW!!! My Noodles are READY!!!

After spending a month walking the streets for money (Flyering for the Edinburgh Fringe), I once again find myself relatively unemployed. And ill. I'm ill and unemployed. Ill and unemployed is one of the WORST combinations possible for a hypochondriac like myself.

I googled my symptoms.

I have an too many appendixes.

I've been trying to use my existential boredom productively, accessing a calmer, enlightened, more Buddhist self. I did some yoga the other day, but when I had to bend my lungs fell through my lips and I died. I tried cleaning the house. My flatmates freaked out when I told them. I don't know why. I haven't cooked, so they should be confident the house will be here when they get home! Goddamit, some people have no faith.

It's also my 21st next week and I've come to realise that I am in no way an adult. I pay rent and vote and do grocery shopping, but my flatmates who are moving out have promised to pop in to make sure I'm eating more than noodles and beer. My mam sent me part of my birthday present early. It was groceries from Sainsbury's. It had lettuce. Who needs a whole head of lettuce? And two bottles of Lucozade? AND EIGHT CHEESES? (perhaps eccentricities are genetic...)

That is my life as of now. Drinking, hoping there is money in my account, eating noodles.

Life is exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home